The Curious Big World of Jumping Spiders

STUDENT
Natalia Lucero

MEDIUM
Video

See this Project!

I strive to make recognizable of what is typically dismissed; to make minds contemplate what never has been thought of. As an artist, I do the same.


While studying abroad in Monteverde, Costa Rica during the 2016 spring semester I had the opportunity to conduct an independent research study on the diversity of neotropical montane jumping spiders. While conducting field work on my host family's farm, I began taking videos of the spiders using my Nikon COOLPIX AW130 Waterproof Digital Camera for identification purposes. However, soon after realizing the great quality of the footage and distinctive behaviors shown by the the curious creatures, I began documenting with the purpose of creating a compilation video.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! - this project won one of two 2017 Honorable Mention awards.

    ReplyDelete